The Americana Boogie – Les Kerr
The Americana Boogie celebrates the musical genre Les Kerr calls his own: Hillbilly Blues Caribbean Rock & Roll! This collection of ten songs from Les’ pen includes the rocking title track, true its Americana monikor, the gutsy blues tunes Comfort Music and Understand the Blues, the Trop Rock influenced Old Lighthouse, Mississippi Sunshine and She Was There, and the Folk-tinged Hope and Love and Speak to Someone’s Heart. Rounding out the album with some expected Les Kerr humor are Schmooze It or Lose It and Retro.
In his first CD since the widely-acclaimed New Orleans Set, Les shows his songwriting skills and storytelling ability. Already popular concert additions, these songs are now available in this collection, The Americana Boogie.
1) The Americana Boogie – the rockin’ opening track celebrates Americana music
2) Hope and Love – recounts the experience of Les’ friends on the Mississippi Coast during Hurricane Katrina
3) Old Lighthouse – Les grew up near lighthouses on the Gulf Coast and this song pays tribute to them and lighthouses everywhere
4) Comfort Music – just as “comfort food” makes you feel better, Comfort Music does the same!
5) Speak to Someone’s Heart – Les writes words and music but this song is for anyone who follows their passion
6) Mississippi Sunshine – a fond memory of sailing along the upper Gulf Coast
7) Retro – remember vinyl records and Elvis movies? You’ll enjoy this
8) She Was There – a tribute to Les’ stepfather, Bob Gordin, who introduced Les to sailing
9) Schmooze It or Lose It – this lighthearted look at networking applies to music, business, politics, and society
10) Understand the Blues – Les believes that everyone understands the blues, no matter what language they speak